Aftercare for Semipermanent Makeup Treatments
The aftercare for semipermanent makeup on day 1 of your treatment, you can clean the area when you get home with a sterile solution eg, TCP, warm salty water or a sterile wipe. This will clean any fluid that has continued to appear after your treatment. (this is normal and also an indication the correct depth in the skin has been penetrated). Cleaning this will make your scabbing heal slightly faster. ONLY do this on day 1.
The basics for all treatments and skin types, until your semipermanent makeup treatment flakes off……follow this aftercare advice to the letter!!!!
- Do NOT get them wet, use a wash cloth to wipe around the area until it flakes off, this usually takes between 3-7 days. Never splash water on the area then pat it dry
- No hot baths, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, hot yoga or heavy sweating. Standing over steamy pans for extended periods.
- TIP put the shower below your face and wash your face separately
- Do NOT touch the area at all! You can get an infection. This means no picking, scratching, exfoliating or rubbing the treatment.
After they flake off…
- Do Not expose them to UVA or UVB rays, so no sunbeds ever! If you must use sunbeds cover up your treatment
- Wear SPF 50 on them, its not advised to lay sunbathing
- Never exfoliate, peal or perform laser treatments on the area of your semipermanent makeup treatment. This also means if you are going to get any beauty treatments ask your technician to avoid scrubbing or performing peals on the area.
- Ant-wrinkle injections leave a 2 weeks gap between treatments. Fillers leave a 4 week gap between treatments.
If you choose to do these things be aware your treatment will not hold as long and you will need more regular touch ups. If it was your initial permanent makeup treatment you risk needing an extra session, which you be charged for.
AfterCare for Microblading, Powder Brows, Combination Brows and Ombre
Please follow the above aftercare alongside the aftercare below that is appropriate for your skin type. If you do not know your type please ask your technician
Skin type, Normal/Oily/Combination, all you need to do is follow the basic aftercare above and do not apply any creams/oils on your Microblading, Powder Brows, Combination Brows and Ombre on your forehead until they have flaked off.
Skin type, Dry, Please apply the A & D ointment provided at night. Use a small amount and dab on the area. Let it soak in as you sleep, never rub the ointment into the skin this is the equivalent of scratching your Microblading, Powder Brows, Combination Brows and Ombre.
AfterCare for Eyeliner Tattooing
Please follow the above basic aftercare for all semipermanent makeup treatments for your eyeliner tattoo treatment, alongside the following….
No mascara or eye makeup till your eyeliner tattoo has completed the first stage of healing and flakes off. You will ruin your treatment and risk an infection.
AfterCare for Lip Tattooing
Please follow the above basic aftercare for all semipermanent makeup treatments for your lip tattoo treatment, alongside the following….
- Avoid spicy and citrus foods till it flakes off
- Do Not smoke until it flakes off
- Be careful when brushing your teeth
- Use a straw
- Avoid hot drinks until it flakes off
- Kissing.. sorry guys also avoid this too till your lip tattoo has flaked off
If you have another queries please contact your technician for further advise.
If you would like an appointment at Cosmetic Tattoo Clinic please fill out the contact form below